We're always looking for instructors— it's a perfect part-time job during the school year!
Our Lead Instructor position is part time.
- Perfect for those with teaching/child care experience who want an afternoon job with a flexible schedule.
- You'll be responsible for teaching a 1 to 2 hour after-school engineering program with a pre-set curriculum.
Along with teaching the classes, Lead Instructors will:
- Manage classroom supplies
- Supervise Assistant Instructor (if one is assigned)
- Be the point person for any questions from parents
- Be responsible for Sign In/Sign Out process at the beginning and end of class
- Assist with administrative tasks when needed
Our classes are offered on-campus at schools or recreation centers in:
Torrance, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Gardena, El Segundo, Venice, Calabasas, Agoura Hills, Oak Park, and more to come!
To be invited to the in-person interview you must have the following qualifications:
- Experience working with children ages 4-14
- Ability to work weekdays between 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Be prompt
- Ability to present oneself and one's ideas with clarity, confidence and poise
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to take direction but is a self-starter
- Proven leadership skills
- Prior teaching/camp counselor experience a plus
- Have a valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle
with current car insurance to drive to various locations
Pay: earn up to $20/hr as a Lead Instructor depending on prior experience.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org