Camps at Engineering For Kids of Toronto - York Region
Winter Camps 2021
Travel Week Camp Minecraft + Robotics
Animate In Roblox Camp
Travel Week Camp Minecraft + Robotics (In- Person) Activities; Minecraft- Robotics- Marine Engineering
20 years ago, airplanes had not even made their first flight. Yet, today, we can fly to the other side of the world in 12 hours! It is thanks to advances in technology that we can explore so much of the world. In this camp, teams will have to work together to see who is able to travel the farthest around the world. This trek will require campers to design their very own spaceship in Minecraft, Code their Mars Rover for landing safely on Mars & learn and use their Marine engineering skills to travel through the oceans!
- Ages: 7- 12
- Date: Monday - Friday Dec. 20 - 24, 2021
- Time: 9 AM - 4 pm
Animate In Roblox Camp (Virtual)
Ladies and gentlemen start your engines! In this virtual camp, students
learn about animation and study how the human body moves. Pose a Roblox
character to create an animation, such as swimming or skipping. Students
learn to create New Scripts in Roblox. The mission is to Understand the
process of how computers simulate motion in an animation using individual poses.
Requirements for the virtual Workshop:
- A PC or Mac computer. Roblox cannot run on Chromebooks or mobile devices such as smartphones.
- Internet access. This allows us to keep the software up to date and gives you the opportunity to save your projects to your Roblox account.
- A free Roblox account. Roblox Studio is free to use and does not require a license.
- A 3-button mouse with a scroll wheel is recommended.
- Ages: 8-12
- Date: Monday - Friday, December 27 - 31, 2021
- Time: 9 - 11 AM