Classes at Engineering For Kids Winnipeg
Offering the Coolest Enrichment Programs Around
Our STEM extracurricular activities are coming to you! Kids experience our hands-on engineering program from the comfort of their home. All supplies and instructional materials for the 8-week program are shipped right to you. Our instructors guide the kids in real-time through the program.
- Learn independently or with a group of same-aged peers
- Class attendance is optional. Instructions are provided in the kit for parent-led activities!
- Join with friends for a ‘play-date’
- Learn a new field of engineering each day
- Free shipping within Winnipeg
Juniors STEM Variety (4-7 years)
April 6-May 25 from 4-4:30pm
- Chemical Engineering: Bubble bliss + Wacky Wands: Students will explore properties of a liquid during this Bouncing Bubbles lesson. They will experiment concocting two different bubble solutions to determine which one produces stronger bubbles. Explore how design of the bubble wand affects the bubble size and shape.
- Aerospace Engineering: Parachutes: Students will have to engineer a functional parachute for a test jumper that must descend gracefully after being dropped from a tall height. After the testing phase, which is an important part of the Engineering Design Process, students will be able to improve upon their design.
- Electrical Engineering: Greetings: Students learn how to create a flat conductive circuit path with a LED light feature.
- Environmental Engineering: Sun painting: Sun printing, or cyanotype, will give students the opportunity to closely examine an object in detail, as the object being printed leaves a direct contact silhouette on the specially-formulated sun print paper.
- Civil Engineering: Bridges: The Note Card Bridge activity will challenge students to construct a bridge out of a normally flexible material and create a navigable span.
- Environmental Engineering: Greenhouse: students explore dirt discovering that there are many different kinds of soil. Working as environmental engineers, students will design their very own functioning greenhouse.
- Mechanical Engineering: Pop-itz: Students create a toy that catapults various weighted objects, learning first-hand how the greater the force on an object the greater the change of motion.
- Mechanical Engineering: Catapults: The catapult activity will provide a basic knowledge of how and why catapults were first created. Students will build a simple catapult using a spoon to power their candy projectile.
Masters STEM Variety (8-14 years)
April 23-May 11 from 4-4:30pm
- Aerospace Engineering: Helicopters: Students will construct model helicopters. They will explore how forces such as thrust and lift help helicopters maneuver.
- Electrical Engineering: Students will learn about circuits and build a light up greeting card.
- Mechanical Engineering: Students will build catapults and explore the mechanics of catapults in order to increase precision and accuracy.
- Environmental Engineering: Students will design their own water filtration system while learning about the water cycle.
- Mechanical Engineering: Fidget spinner: students to become familiar with Newton’s Law of Inertia. This lesson has students creating, predicting, and testing the change in motion due to adding unbalanced weights to their self-created Fidget Spinner.
- 3D Printing: Students will learn about computer aided design and bring their designs to life!
- Electromechanical Engineering: Kids learn to convert electrical energy to mechanical energy as they build their own working STEM race cars!
For further detail, or to register, CLICK HERE!
To bring custom classes to the kids in your organization, please fill in the INQUIRY FORM
Why Do Parents Love Our Winnipeg After-School Activities & Classes?
Parents love Engineering For Kids for many reasons, some of which include:
- We create a learning enrichment environment that’s suitable and enjoyable for children between the ages of 4 and 14
- Our esteemed educators are highly trained, kind, and compassionate
- We offer a variety of programs at different times to accommodate almost any schedule
Studies show that children enjoy going to school when they have fun after-school activities to attend. Our enrichment classes serve as the perfect win-win for parents and children alike. They also allow children to create new interests and build friendships that can last a lifetime.
Why Do Teachers Enjoy Our After-School Programs?
Teachers, librarians, and other community program managers love Engineering For Kids because:
- We do all of the work for you, which includes creating all of the necessary marketing publications and completing payment processing and registration
- Our lessons are fun and appropriate for students between the ages of 4 and 14
- Your school has the option to use us as a stand-alone program or include us in your existing enrichment schedule
We’re happy to start our programs any week that’s most convenient for you in intervals of four weeks, eight weeks, or anything in between. Best of all, there’s no additional cost to your school!
Feel free to reach out to our after-school activity coordinators to learn more about how we can work with your schedule! Call or contact us today by filling out our online form.