Engineering for Kids North Saskatchewan
SASKATCHEWAN VIRTUAL TRAVEL CLUB | AGES 7 – 12
EXPLORE THE ENGINEERING OF TRAVEL!
THE EFK TRAVEL CLUB WILL:
- Construct a bridge, to cross a Saskatchewan river and start your journey
- Create a rubber-band car, to make some distance on land
- Design a buoyant boat and a sailboat, to sail the seas
- Model an aerodynamic airplane, to fly the skies
- Build solid landing gear/land rover, for a safe landing
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 5 Videos - each ~30 minutes - each exploring a unique travel mode & related engineering principles
- Over 40 pages of custom STEM worksheets, to enhance your travel experience and reinforce STEM concepts
- Project Supply Kit: the majority of project supplies are household items; however, a few uncommon supplies will be mailed to all registrants
- Weekly zoom check-in with other EFK Travel Club members in Saskatchewan
DATES AND DETAILS:
- EFK Travel Club begins on Wednesday, January 6, and continues until Wednesday, February 3, 2021.
- Zoom sharing time will begin Monday, January 11 and continues until Monday, February 8.
- Engineering for kids makes learning fun!
- Video & worksheet links are emailed to you every Wednesday.
- Participate on whichever day and time works best for you, within that week.
- Join the optional Zoom sharing time, on Monday evenings. Talk with fellow Travel Club members!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Register to become an EFK Travel Club Member
- Engineering for Kids of North Saskatchewan will send you a confirmation email with links to the first video and printable downloadable sheets to guide you through the first week of travel!
- Open the videos, print the sheets, and begin your virtual STEM vacation! Plan for a full hour or longer to complete all activities!
- Attend the optional weekly zoom check-in with other EFK Travel Club members in Saskatchewan for some virtual social interaction in a safe space.
- Compression and Tension
- Acceleration and Velocity
- Kinetic and Potential Energy
- Buoyancy and Aerodynamics
- Gravity and Lift
ONLY $49.99/STUDENT - Register by December 24, for a Christmas discount!Register Here