Classes at Engineering For Kids of Central Florida
Why Do Parents Love Our After-School Activities & Classes?
Parents love Engineering For Kids of Central Florida for many reasons, some of which include:
- We create a learning enrichment environment that’s suitable and enjoyable for children between the ages of 4 and 14
- Our esteemed educators are highly trained, kind, and compassionate
- We offer a variety of programs at different times to accommodate almost any schedule
Studies show that children enjoy going to school when they have fun after-school activities to attend. Our enrichment classes serve as the perfect win-win for parents and children alike. They also allow children to create new interests and build friendships that can last a lifetime.
After School Programs
FUN! Educational Brain Sport!
Engineering is a “team sport”
We put the EXCITEMENT in S.T.E.M. education by offering engaging, age appropriate, inquiry based, hands-on-learning for children ages 4 to 14 through FUN activities from designing and constructing rockets, hot air balloons, and roller coasters to programming and coding LEGO® Robots and video games. We invite you to find out why our young engineers take our classes every year!
No other program compares!
We offer the most comprehensive Engineering Enrichment Program! Our students do not repeat the same curriculum, unless requested as an encore class.
Our focus is developing our students’ problem solving, critical thinking, and teamwork skills. These life skills provide students with the confidence to approach challenges in their lives and realize that they can succeed.
In addition to the development of S.T.E.M Conceptual Skills, Software & Hardware Skills, and 21st Century Skills gained by completing our vast amount of Engineering For Kids courses, our students also start to develop Engineering “Habits of Mind”. Habits of mind are traits or ways of thinking that affect how a person looks at the world or reacts to a challenge. Engineering habits of mind are aligned with what many believe are essential skills for citizens in the 21st century.
Engineering Habits of Mind
- Communicate Effectively
- Use Systems Thinking
- Work Effectively in Teams
- Are Persistent
- Apply Math & Science to Problem Solving
- Make Data-driven Decisions
Our after school programs are available at the following schools. Contact your school or school’s after school program directly to register for our classes.
- Aloma Elementary, Winter Park, FL
- Cornerstone Charter Academy, Orlando, FL
- Cypress Springs Elementary, Orlando, FL
- East Lake Elementary, Orlando, FL
- Good Shepherd Catholic School, Orlando, FL
- Lakemont Elementary, Orlando, FL
- West Creek Elementary, Orlando, FL
“I send out emails to all my parents at the end of the semester asking for feedback on the classes. Yours (Engineering For Kids) has been the only one to date with not only no negative comments, but people begging for it to come back.” – After School & Camp Coordinator (An area international private school)
Program Request Form:
If you would like our S.T.E.M program at your school or location, please fill out a REQUEST FORM.
Who should fill out this form?
Locations where our program is NOT yet offered:
- School administrators/Principals
- Directors of preschool and parks and recreation facilities
- Homeschool Parents
- Preschool/PreK/Elementary/Middle School Parents
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts
Want our program at your child’s school?
Earn a free session of classes for your child by bringing us to your school!
Earn an extra free session of classes for your child by also referring the right teacher for your EFK class!
- We do all the work! Flyers, registration, payment processing, teaching and clean up!
- Professionally trained instructors who know how to have fun
- Include us in your existing enrichment schedule or run us as a stand-alone program
- Curriculum correlates to Florida Teaching Standards (NGSSS, MAFS).
- Available to grades PK-8 with age appropriate lessons
- 4, 6, 8 week, or semester long sessions available
- Clubs run any day of the week
- New curriculum each semester
- Sessions start any week of the school year
- Absolutely no cost to your school
Please contact us or your school administrators/Principal, PTA/PTO, Directors of preschool and parks and recreation facilities if you are interested in having Engineering for Kids at your local school or center. They may fill out this REQUEST FORM to get the process started.
Find Your Local Engineering For Kids
Out of This World Reviews
It's fun and educational, it provides opportunities to kids and teaches them about life.
It's like a playground for their mind!
Engineering For Kids classes are so fun and you get to learn new things about engineering each day.