"Students who express interest in STEM in 8th grade are up to three times more likely to ultimately pursue STEM degrees later in life than students who do not express such interest." (serve.gov, 2012)
"Kids need to be strong in the STEM subjects even if they aren't going to pursue STEM careers - because quantitative reasoning has become so crucial to educational and professional success." (gatesfoundation.org, 2010 Pittsburgh STEM Summit)
Welcome to Engineering For Kids of Brooklyn!
At Engineering For Kids of Brooklyn, we are very passionate and excited to be able to inspire the next generation of engineers by bringing science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), to children ages 4 to 14 in a fun and challenging way through afterschool programs, workshops, in-school residencies, summer camps and parties.
Some of the programs we offer are:
- Robotics using LEGO® Education WeDo or LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 (See a video of our Robotics class in action Here)
- Scratch Programming
- Electronic Game Design
- Aerospace, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, Marine and Mechanical engineering
- littleBits (See a video Here)
- MinecraftEdu (See a video Here)
- MaKey MaKey (See a video Here)
- 3D Printing
At Engineering For Kids, our programs use an inquiry-based approach to:
- help children build problem solving skills
- encourage children to discover how things work
- increase children's desire to explore engineering as a career option
- motivate children to learn math and science concepts by engaging them in real-world engineering problems
Wherever you decide to enroll your child in one of our classes, Engineering For Kids will build and nurture your child's natural curiousity and love for building and taking things apart by teaching them Engineering concepts through hands-on learning. Engineering is, after all, one of the fastest growing industries in the world, and it is important for children interested in it to get a head start on concepts and ideas that could fall into their future interests and line of work.
Click Here for class dates, times and locations. You will need to create an account to register, if you do not have an account already.
Hosting Engineering For Kids at Your Afterschool is EASY!
- We do all the work! Flyers, registration, payment processing, teaching and clean up!
- Professionally trained instructors who know how to have fun
- Include us in your existing afterschool program or have us as an in-school resident
- Our programs meet national standards in mathematics, science, engineering, and technology. We build upon the math and science that is being taught in the schools and apply those skills to hands on, real world engineering challenges.
- Available to grades PK-8 with age appropriate lessons
- 8-15 week, or full year sessions available
- Programs run any day of the week
- Sessions start any week of the school year
Interested in Engineering For Kids or have an idea for where our classes can be offered in your area?
Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or have your PTA/PTO or school principal contact us if you are interested in having Engineering for Kids in your area.