Camps at Engineering For Kids of Nassau County
The Fun, Educational Camp Your Child Is Bound to Enjoy!
Engineering For Kids Camps!
Engineering For Kids will be hosting summer camps at the Cradle of Aviation Museum, located in Garden City, NY.
Join us at the Cradle of Aviation Museum, located in Garden City, NY! For the complete list of available camps and dates, please visit our parent portal.
2019 SPRING BREAK CAMP
EV3 Robotics: Color Sensing & Mechatronic Masterminds
- April 22nd - 26th, 2019
- Half Day Camp - 9am - 12pm / 1pm - 4pm ; $275
- Full Day Camp - 9am - 4pm; $550 (*Students are to bring lunch)
- [$10 discount for registrations by March 30th, 2019]
- Ages 9+
Robotics: Color Sensing (Morning Sessions)
Controlling robots from afar allows engineers and scientists to place robots in situations that are unsafe for humans. During this program, students will explore what a combination of color sensors and motors can accomplish. Students will program their robots to respond to simulated catastrophic events, play tug of war, and so much more.
Mechatronic Masterminds (Afternoon Sessions)
Eureka! Kelvin has finally done it! He has created a perpetual motion machine. But what is this?! An evil genius has stolen Kelvin's masterpiece - oh no! Kelvin is now looking for a trustworthy team to develop and test new gadgets that will help him find and safeguard his perpetual motion machine. Explore the basics of mechatronics engineering and logic-based programming as students use littleBits® and work together to design gadgets, tools, and machines that will help Kelvin get out of any sticky situation he may encounter.To register, please visit our parent portal
At Engineering For Kids, our camps are carefully structured to provide your child with the enrichment he or she needs to grow and thrive. Our camps run in the spring, winter, and summer for your convenience. Our programs come in many varieties to accommodate your schedule, such as half-day camps, full-day camps, and holiday break camps. We also host camps on scheduled days off for reasons such as professional work days, teacher conference days, etc.
Just a few of these beneficial opportunities include:
- Teamwork: Most of our camps schedule fun and engaging teamwork activities that teach children the value of investing in others.
- Resilience and motivation: Our challenging programs help to teach kids how to keep trying. This also helps them feel accomplished when they succeed, which develops their will to learn.
- Decision-making: Our uniquely structured activities help children establish and build upon great decision-making skills, which can help build confidence.
In addition, the wide range of activities and classes that we offer encourage children to try new things, which is a beneficial skill that can be applied in several instances throughout adulthood.