ReSTEMagine Summer at Engineering For Kids | Share your photos!
We want to see your child’s thinking in action! We're challenging you all to make this summer all about STEM and share your photos with us by using the hashtag #ReSTEMagineSummer and tagging @engineeringforkids on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Summer is a great time to explore STEM a little bit further by getting outside and doing some fun, hands-on education activities. Wherever you look, you'll find activities that involve Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics - probably more than you realize! Create a rainbow in a jar, plant a flower or two, practice coding, build a sandcastle on the beach complete with a working drawbridge - whatever your child's activity of choice, we're just glad they're having fun.
Use the hashtag #ReSTEMagineSummer to share photos of any of your child's projects from an Engineering For Kids camp, adventurous STEM excursions, or even experiments at home and they could be featured on our website or social media accounts!
The more creative, the better!
These examples may help spark your child's creativity:
- Create a rainbow in a jar
- Melt down old candle wax to create new ones
- Plant a flower or two
- Go on a hike and identify the wildlife or plants
- Compete in a robotics or esports tournament
- Practice coding
- Create a circuit using wires and a battery
- Program a mobile app
- Build a catapult, marble run, or Rube Goldberg machine
- Create a structure that holds weight
- Design and build your own prototype
- Launch a rocket
- Create patterns or shapes out of household materials
- Set up a store replica at home, practice with money
- Make 3D shapes or structures
- Measure ingredients to make a yummy meal
We want to see anything that your child has created at home, summer school, or an Engineering For Kids camp or program. Whether it’s science, technology, engineering, or math related or even a combination of all of them, we hope your child becomes inspired by the world around them. The possibilities are endless!